Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Yet more contemplating

Through the help of friends, counselor, and talking things over with Chris, we decided that the baby thing probably won't happen soon after all. It would be nice, but I think I need to stick to the original plan of finishing school first. Plus it would be nice to be in a bigger place at that point and right now, our finances are tight and our apartment is very convenient to campus. I think I just managed to catch the "baby bug" with family members and friends recently having children or will be having children soon.

As far as the volleyball official is concerned (see last post), my mom brought up a point that made it back up in the air when I was about 90% sure it would be good. She suggested I go back to Kennel Bookstore to do the beginning of semester textbook stuff that I have done the last few semesters since it's on campus and no up front cost. The jobs would be lasting about the same time frame. Kennel would just be a minimum wage average job that I already know how to do and could even start mid-August (week and a half before school starts) instead of waiting until September. Plus then also if Chris finds a job, he has full access the car since school and work would both be walking distance. The only big downside is that you are only allowed to work 20 hours a week with on campus jobs so I don't know if I would be able to do the promotion at work (if it was offered to me) because of the time limits. Guess my next step really is to call find out when the interviewing process for the possible promotion is getting underway and go from there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Your mom does have a good point, especially with the car situation...

BTW: love the new picture of you and Chris! And love the new look of your blog!

Chris and Clara Divelbiss said...

If you look in the upper left hand corner of the blog itself, it has a ad for the site I got the background from. She has lots of cute designs that are really easy to use :) The pictures of me and Chris are from a while back. There's the wedding one in the header and the one on the side was actually one of the runner-ups for the engagement photo.

I'm definitely not doing the volleyball official job at this point. Last night we had an emergency vet visit to put one of our girls to sleep. That ate up all of our wiggle room and then some. Chris' dad offered to pay the membership fee, but I just think it would be a hassle with the car and really don't want it to effect my possibilities for the promotion with the music dept job I have. If I get the promotion, I would need to be on-call for as many events as possible in case someone can't make it or forgot about it, which unfortunately happens. I'm actually going to continue trying to contact my supervisor to see the progress since originally the process was supposed to get started mid-late June. I called around then and she said she was going to take care of it right after the 4th of July. Well, now it's a week and half after that, so I'm getting antsy again. Called today and she had already left for the day so trying again tomorrow since she tends to take Fridays off. Also pending what happens, I can apply to work temporarily at Kennel Bookstore again up in textbooks. Wouldn't be as much as the volleyball official, but no up front costs and actually starts sooner!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your girl :-( You two have had a rough year with your rats.

I really hope you get the promotion...that would be fantastic!

Did you know that they might jack up our tution AGAIN this semester and that around July 30th they might be sending out a notice saying how much more we owe??

I am really worried how much more they are going to raise it.

Chris and Clara Divelbiss said...

We are down to 15 and we also do horrible with odd numbers.

Just heard the about the possible tuition hike on the news. They say 20% :( Thankfully my financial aid more than covers it, but that's less money I'd be getting.