Friday, July 3, 2009

Well, things are going. Chris and I are happy to report that we still have a roof over our head :P May not seem like much but it is. Neither of us have worked for over a month now. Next few weeks, I should be getting called in for a possible promotion with my current concert staff job though with the music dept. It would be an excellent opportunity for me since I have been at the job since Oct 2005 and I have great organizational skills (even though you would not be able to tell from our apartment).

Summer projects are getting back in good standing with the church (or at least working toward it) and cleaning the apartment and putting away some of the boxes that are cluttering the living room. Personally, I'm also finishing 3 Incomplete grades from the last year. Already had to battle with the financial aid office this summer to try to get money for next year. Going to finish those ASAP so my GPA (granted this wasn't the issue, but will be a good benefit) goes up and they can't say I haven't completed enough classes. And Chris is working on finding SOME kind of work. With graduating (YAY!), his student position went poof with him not being a student anymore. There was a chance of him getting hired at Americorps working with the current economic crisis, but went in yesterday for a 2nd interview and they told him they had gone with someone else. The county is looking at trying to add a position for him in a similar capacity, but we'll see. I definitely have doubts with the budget cuts and so forth.

I'm taking 13 (possibly 14 units) in the fall. Using it to determine what I end up taking the next 2 years. Taking Anthropology of Religion (and *hopefully* passing it this time), General Linguistics, Intro to Spanish Linguistics, Advanced Conversation and Reading (Spanish), and whichever wind band I make it into. Orchestra is a maybe with the possible job promotion and wanting more time for studies. Next semester should tell me whether I want to major in Linguistics with a minor in Spanish or major in Spanish with a minor in Linguistics. There is an Interdisciplinary Language Studies option in the Linguistics dept that has me really interested. Either way I'm looking at graduating May 2011.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July and it looks like we might be going over to a friend's for BBQ, swimming, and fireworks :) My 23rd birthday is just over a month away. Might go to Disneyland with their get in free on your birthday deal since we also have accrued enough disney dollars for Chris to get in, but we would still need to worry about gas and hotel...

Our rat count is 16. 3 boys and 13 girls. A lot of them approaching 2 years of age which has been our cap between various illnesses. We'll see what happens in the next year or so.

And enough of a book, but wanted to put a nice sized update up :)

No comments: