Sunday, August 9, 2009

Rats, jobs, CBEST, and birthday celebration

Now we are down to 13 rats. On Friday, I got up and went to wash a load of dishes and when I came back to the bedroom to check on Chris (he had a migraine), I noticed that Smores was lying in a really awkward position and not moving. Sure enough she had passed away in the night :( We suspect pneumonia since she had been having issues on and off for awhile but of course we can't be certain.

Chris HATES his job. It's fully dealing with the public when someone needs a repair in their apartment or can't pay rent or to show them an apartment. He also doesn't like that he is not at the same location from day to day since the company owns about 50 complexes and he is a relief manager so he is assigned to where he is needed. Unfortuntely, it's something which is MUCH better than nothing. Hopefully we will hear back soon on the IRS or county job, but in the meantime, he is continuing to look.

He took the CBEST yesterday to start subbing when school starts and despite not being good at math he fells like he was fairly confident on all but 3 answers on the entire 100 question(reading comprehension and math) exam and of course writing is his strongest suit so we aren't worried about him not passing the essay portion.

Yesterday, Chris' parents and my mom came into town to celebrate my birthday a little early :) We went to Applebee's for dinner and Tutti Fruiti for desert (local frozen yogurt bar). It was wonderful and I still have half a quesadilla burger for lunch today!

Not much else going on. Rain is still continuing to gain motor control. Starting sorority stuff on Friday for the upcoming school year. Signed up for orchestra since I haven't found a steady on campus job and it seems slim to none that I will find one. Plus I do enjoy orchestra :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Smores :-( I'll keep my fingers crossed that Chris gets a subbing job!